WWII 036: How to Analyze Dividend Paying Stocks, Reverse Stock Splits, Trading Cyclical Stocks, Payrolls Grew 246k in January
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? If not, you can click the buttons below to subscribe:
This episode is about a bunch of things to think about when analyzing dividend paying stocks.
Main Topic: Analyzing Dividend Paying Stocks
This list is not meant to be all-inclusive, but represents a short list of things to look at, analyze, and think about when analyzing dividend paying stocks.
· Stable, diversified business with a competitive advantage.
· Predictable growth in revenue and net income
· Increasing underlying net cash flow to feed growing dividends
· Low payout ratio
· Long history of growing payouts, not static
· Dividend Yield that is higher than the average
· Low enough market cap that it can grow
· Share repurchases
· Quality Management
· Low Debt to Equity
· Reasonable price – earnings yield, FCF yield
I believe non-dividend stocks aren’t much more than baseball cards. They are worth what you can convince someone to pay for it.”
Ask JB: Reverse Stock Splits and Trading Cyclical Stocks
submitted 2 months ago by athermalwill